2005 has been a rollercoaster ride for us, a very exciting year where we don't seem to have sat still for more than 2 seconds at a time!
What we did this year:
- redecorated our flat in preperation for selling
- sold our flat
- moved half of our belongings to my Dad's loft
- moved out of our flat to a room in the city centre
- sat ACCA exams (Graeme)
- left work
- had a great leaving party
- left Scotland
- moved more of our belongings to my Dad's loft
- had a leaving gathering in Essex
- left England
- arrived New Zealand
- spent a month travelling around North Island
- (during which Graeme had job interviews and secured a job in Palmy)
- found a house to rent
- started work
- saw more of New Zealand (but only North Island)
- submitted our expression of interest for NZ residency
- learnt to play Squash and took part in a tournament (Graeme)
- went to Australia to the Gold Coast to catch up with family
- invited to apply for NZ residency
- start new job (Kate)
- receive our first visitor
- enjoyed our first NZ xmas with a BBQ!
Wow! What a list - and I am sure I have missed heaps of stuff off it!
And I can honestly say that whatever happens I am so glad that we got this far and did what we did!
Coming to New Zealand has been an amazing experience, it's a beautiful country with a lot to offer.
It's not been an easy ride and there are some days when I have come close to booking a ticket back to the UK but I haven't done it and don't plan to in the near future.
We have a lot more hurdles to jump and bridges to cross (what other well-used sayings can I use here?!) but tomorrow is a new year and I look forward to a new set of challenges and even more adventures!
Wishing you all a safe and prosperous 2006,