While we were in Scotland I got this recipe from Graeme's Gran. I tried making it recently and it's amazing!
It is very sweet and even I (Queen of Sweet!) can't eat more than one piece at once. I took some to work and they loved it so much they all wanted the recipe.
Here's what it looked like in my baking tin....
And here's the recipe....
- 100g margarine (I used butter and it worked fine)
- 3 tbsp syrup
- 150g milk cooking chocolate
- 225g digestive biscuits, roughly crushed
- 225g malteasers, halved or crushed
- 400g white or milk cooking chocolate
- Melt the first 3 ingredients, then add the biscuits and malteasers.
- Mix well and spread over a swiss roll tin.
- Cover either with melted white or milk chocolate.
- When chocolate is set cut into squares.
- We couldn't find milk cooking chocolate at supermarket so it was standard plain cooking chocolate and it was yummy but the milk might go better with malteasers.
- I put the tin in the fridge to set but kept checking on it and before the chocolate set hard I made cut lines which I think made it easier to cut up. It was a bit tricky getting the first bit out of the pan though!
- 550g chocolate is a huge amount - we only got about 500g or just under and that was still plenty to give it a thick chocolate top.
Enjoy and do let me know what you think if you try it :-)