Friday, April 02, 2010

Raspberry and White Chocolate Muffins

One of my favourite muffin flavours is raspberry and white chocolate muffins but I've only ever bought them from cafes. After eating a particularly nice one whilst on holiday (more on that later!) I declared to Graeme that I would attempt baking my own version. Graeme found me a recipe online which I adapted slightly out of sheer laziness and for quicker mixing times!




Here goes....

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups self raising flour
  • 100g butter
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 egg (lightly beaten)
  • 1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
  • 1/2 cup white chocolate bits
  • Icing sugar (for dusting)

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 190degrees (I have a fan oven so set it at approx. 170degrees)
  2. Lightly grease muffin tins (I use silicon trays so spray them lightly with spray oil)
  3. Add the flour and sugar to the bowl and mix
  4. Melt the butter in the micowave (for approx. 40 seconds if the butter is chopped) and pour into the dry mix
  5. Add the milk, the egg, raspberries (straight out the freezer) and white chocolate bits
  6. Give it all a stir until mixture is just moistened (don't mix until completely smooth)
  7. Spoon into muffin cups
  8. Bake for 20 mins (I checked them after 15 and they definitely needed the extra 5)
  9. Stand for 5 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool
  10. Dust with icing sugar
  11. Eat and enjoy :-)

The original recipe suggested rubbing in the butter to the flour but that seemed like too much effort to me and they came out fine with melted butter instead.

They are truly delicious and were particularly tasty warm.

This recipe makes 12 (large-ish) muffins.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Nom!

I am so going to add frozen raspberries and white chocolate bits to this week's shopping list! (It's Michael's favourite flavour combination - have you tried raspberry and white chocolate ice cream by Kapiti Ice Cream? Divine!)