Saturday, July 31, 2010

Long time, no post


Wow - is it really the last day in July today? Am I really supposed to be having a baby in the next month? Eek! Seriously, where has the time gone?
My last day at work came and went and I thought about posting about my finishing work feelings.
We lost Graeme's Grandpa and I couldn't get the right words down to explain that.
And now I am 3 weeks into my maternity leave, baby's official due date is in 9 days time, we have a cot and a buggy (finally!) and I'm very much aware that there won't be too many moments to sit and think about putting words together soon.
I really can't wait to meet our new little person. I admit to being a little apprehensive about his journey into the world but knowing I will get to meet this little bundle that's been keeping me company with his little kicks and fidgets at the end of it makes me realise that it's going to be worth it.
I wonder what baby will be like? I think it goes without saying he's going to be gorgeous! How could he not be? What will he be when he grows up? When is he going to arrive?
There's so many thoughts and worries and questions at the moment but I have surprised myself and feel much calmer than I thought I would at this time. Maybe it's the hormones or some maternal instinct but there's part of me that just knows baby will be here when he's ready and we will do the very best we can for him when he gets here.
And until then I will do my best to put my feet up and rest up ready for being on round the clock duty when he does make his appearance!

1 comment:

my sons mum said...

"Bundle of joy", this is what's written on one of my son's small cute T-shirts. I wish you and myself lots of joyful and memorable moments when taking care of our sons. I'm pregnant too, but my little is due in November. Keeping my fingers crossed for you 2!