Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sharing

It's a 3 day weekend for us this weekend! Woo-hoo! All due to Wellington Anniversary.

Basically NZ is split into regions and each region gets their own public holiday during the course of the year. Palmy falls into the Wellington region and the Wellington day falls tomorrow. Which is great!

What is it about that extra day tagged onto the weekend which makes me feel so much more relaxed and care-free? With the added benefit that I honestly believe that extra day will allow me to cross off everything on my to do list! I am crossing things off at a rate of knots this evening...let's hope that can-do attitude lasts until tomorrow!


So - we've stayed close to home and been pottering. Having a clear-out which is still in progress and will probably take all year!

We took the dog out to Ashhurst earlier and had a lovely long walk. It had been pouring down all morning and there's nothing I love more than walking in the woods when it's just rained. I love that smell! Weird huh?! I will dot a couple of photos from our walk through this post as part of my sharing this evening!



I would also like to share a quote I stumbled across this week which has kept me pondering...


You are here for a purpose.
There is no duplicate of you in the whole wide world.
There never has been, there never will be.
You were brought here to fulfil a certain need.
Take time to think that over.
(attributed to Lou Austin)


I wonder what my purpose is and what certain need I am here to fulfil? Being a shameless romantic who blogs sporadically about life in New Zealand whilst procratinating? Hmmm, maybe I need to ponder some more!


What else do I want to share? I think this website definitely deserves a mention (especially with less than a month to Valentine's Day) http://iloveyoumorethanblank.blogspot.com/
I've subscribed to it in Google Reader (along with the other 1 billion websites and blogs I follow!) and love reading through the lovehearts for all the little heartwarming (and some not so heartwarming) ways people love someone more than something else!
And yes I did submit...4 of the little lovehearts on this post belong to me! http://iloveyoumorethanblank.blogspot.com/2009/01/011609-1030-am.html
and anyone that can guess 3 or more of the 4 gets a prize!


I'm working hard on my 27 things list and have updated the post here with the things I am working on. I am fast approaching the 25% way through mark (coming this Thursday) and want to get a couple more things crossed off by then. I have found a healthy recipe for Tiramisu and hope to get No. 13 crossed off tomorrow. I am also planning to get No. 10 done. I have already started the letter twice and then run out of motivation. I am hoping for an epiphany of what advice I should give to my future self in the next 24 hours.


So there you have it. That's enough sharing for one night. I don't want to bore you!


Just one last thing before I publish this post - a quick wave and hello to Michelle who I know reads this blog but doesn't comment...Hello Michelle (and Paul)!

No comments: