Friday, October 21, 2005

Post No. 79 - Lots happening!

So whats been happening with us?

Well, my current work contact ends tomorrow. We - me and the other contractors - were told 2 weeks ago that they were unable to renew our contracts after the end of October. This came as quite a surprise, especially to those in the department that had been there for 18 months! For me, its been a good run of almost 3 months though and I have certainly picked up a lot of new skills!
Since I found out I have been looking around for something else, updating my CV, signing up with agencies and hope to have something for the start of November.
I have also checked some books out of the library about finding a job you love! Might as well do something useful with my free time huh? !

This weekend we get to see the rellies for a wee while!
Have been getting excited about the family reunion due to take place on Saturday!
Hopefully we will come back with plenty more photos for you!

We really need to start thinking about Christmas as well as parcels and cards need to be sent off near the start of November. The shops here are just starting to get the Xmas stuff in. I wonder how long it will be before we start to hear Mariah's All I Want for Christmas is You?!

So how are you all doing? Looking forward to Christmas?

Note - we are currently having some 'technical' difficulties uploading photos to the blog and are looking at other options. Hope to have normal picture-posting services resumed soon!

No comments: