Sunday, August 07, 2005

Post No 44 - Mussels and Joseph

Dolphin at Marineland, Napier

Today we went to a lovely little bistro cafe on the Square for lunch. We had gourmet wedges (v.posh!) and a chefs platter. On this platter was some stuffed mushrooms, pork balls, olives (yeuch!), houmous, pate and mussels. Graeme convinced me I would like them and that they were not slimy so I tried one and I must say not too bad - might even try again!

We finally got the telly - woohoo! so DVD player and XBox are currently being plugged in (obviously I am leaving that to the expert and having nothing to do with it!) Also bought a cordless phone which is in the bedroom so we don't have to get out of bed early at the weekends to call the folks. Another thing on our purchase list was an answerphone so Lou - feel free to ring up and practise your Scottish accent/sing me some songs!

Tonight we are going to the Theatre to see 'Joseph and the Technicolured Dreamcoat', the show is only on for 2 performances today and tickets were v. cheap at $35 (£14 approx) each including booking fee. Looking forward to it.....'I close my eyes, draw back the curtains, to see for certain, what I thought I knew'! Good job its not Mr Donovan in the starring role as I may have reverted back to my 8 year old self where I fancied Jason Donovan something rotten! How sad was I!

Other news - we finally bit the bullet and signed the sales agreement for the Holden Astra which is now on order so should be shortly driving a brand new car - exciting stuff!

No comments: