Monday, August 08, 2005

Post No. 46 - A Social Whirl!

Well first day at work seemed to go well (you might be best consulting with my new colleagues though just in case I have my head in the clouds again!).
Was to start at 9am and knew it only takes 5-10minutes to get there in the middle of the day so decided to leave just before 8.30am in case traffic was bad. Was there for 8.35am twiddling my thumbs in the carpark for 10 minutes!
I believe my title is "Content Analysist" and when I actually manage to work out what I do I will be sure to let you know!
In a nutshell and from what I know from one day - basically the Online Services team (which I am part of) is responsible for checking all information put on the internet and intranet. We offer a helpdesk service for staff and are currently migrating info from about 8 different ources into 1.

So we shall see if I am correct after a couple of weeks and hopefully have a handle on what I am doing!

The social whirl title refers to the fact that I have been invited to a Tuppaware party on Thursday (not quite as exciting as Ann Summers methinks!) and as the Netball team at Graemes work is short of players tonight we are both playing. The netball should be hilarious as I have not played properly since primary school! I told G to warn them that I didn't have a clue!

No photos today as my dinner is almost ready and then we need to mentally prepare ourselves and go and buy Graeme some track pants ready for netball.

How are you all doing?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS K & G, EVERYTHING SETTLING IN WELL, BY YOUR COMMENTS.
DONT GET TOO SETTLED, THE WHOLE OF NEW ZEALAND & ALL ON YOUR DOOR STEP BEGGING TO BE ADVENTURED...
WE ARE GOOD..............THANKS!
M S S S ?